four-square \-'skwa(ə)r\ adj. (14c): marked by boldness and conviction: FORTHRIGHT
"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen
...and thinking what nobody has thought."
- Dr. Albert Szent-Györgyi (1809 - 1882)
Independent Biotechnology Analysis
Since 1995, FourSquare Partners has provided buyside advice to institutional healthcare investors in the biotechnology and medical device sectors. At this website you can read and freely download (page down for the Archive list) almost 20 reports written over the past fifteen years. They are no longer useful as investment advice, but should provide some insight into how I evaluate a biotechnology or device company’s program.
Virtually all information is obtained from the public domain. All opinions are my own, and I am solely responsible for the content on this website. Please feel free to suggest corrections to any factual errors. - Eric Sharps, Ph.D.
Biotech Investing"A Guide to Superior Biotechnology Investing" (September 2010) Preview
"In this ten-page report I highlight my observations, with numerous examples, on investing in small cap drug development companies, including specialty pharma and, especially, biotech firms. Under the major headings of History, Management, Clinical Trials and Money, I highlight the warning signs and red flags superior investors should know. Less technical than my company-specific essays, the report summarizes the lessons and observations I've learned after over 30 years in the industry -- as a participant, as an investor and as an analyst. "
A preview page is available for free (click Preview). The full report can be purchased for $95 (click Buy Now) using PayPal. Most credit cards are accepted. After payment is confirmed, I will E-mail the password-encrypted PDF (M-F, 8 am to 6 pm, Pacific) to you. The report may be printed and I am happy to discuss it in finer detail with each purchaser.
- Active Reports
Currently, FourSquare Partners is not working on any Company reports for public distribution.Past reports, all free, include Micromet, Inc., Medivation, Inc. and Immunomedics, Inc. For a complete listing, please click on "Archives" above. To suggest an idea or join our E-mail list, please click on "Alerts" at the top. And, please visit my blog where I've discussed one company, Halozyme, and several health-related topics of general interest. Thanks, Eric
- Adolor (ADLR - June 2005) with Progenics
- AtheroGenics (AGIX - March 2004)
- BioMarin (BMRN - March 2002)
- Cerus (CERS - October 2001)
- Corgentech (CGTK - June 2004)
- Cubist (CBST - November 2003)
- Guilford (GLFD - September 2003)
- Genta (GNTA - January 2002)
- Imclone (IMCL - November 2001)
- Immunomedics (IMMU - September 2009)
- Laser Vision (LVCI - June 1997)
- MannKind (MNKD - February 2006)
- Medivation (MDVN - February 2009)
- Micromet, Inc. (MITI - May 2010)
- Progenics (PGNX - June 2005) with Adolor
- Regeneron (REGN - November 2002)
- Telik (TELK - October 2003)
- Thoratec (THOR - July 2003)
- Theravance (THRX - August 2005)
- Trimeris (TRMS - April 2002)
investment (financial or strategic) please contact us at (408) 865-1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org